Boost your brain – How to enhance Concentration and Memory power
Brain, the most important part of the human body. It is the main centre which makes the work or you can say the activities that a person does during his lifetime is all because of the presence of the brain in the human body. The brain is the central part of the centre of the nervous system situated in all the vertebrates. The brain is located in the head of the person which is also the starting point of the human body. If the start is good then, of course, the system will be the best and same applies in the working of the human body. The location of the brain is such that it is located near the sensory parts like eyes, nose and mouth thus the brain controls blinking of the eyes, breathing and swallowing respectively. These are the actions of different parts of the body but it is centrally controlled by the actions of the brain.
With the details mentioned above, we came to know how the presence of brain in the human body is important for the other parts of the human body. It can be easily concluded that the whole body or even the single part of the body is not capable of working without the permission of the brain. This is what the brain does for the rest of the body parts but there are some actions which are only limited to the brain and he does it the best.
When you study or if you are doing some important work then you need concentration and how do you get that? It is not possible with eyes or mouth or any other parts of the body, it is just performed by the brain. One more important thing that the brain individually does is the memory or to memorize anything. When you prepare for the exams then there are a lot of things that have to remember so the power of memorization has to be maintained and this is maintained by the brain.
Have you imagined or watched a person who gets disturbed or has a nervous breakdown or any condition in which the brain of the person is affected? The person in this situation is not capable to carry out his daily routine in a proper manner and in most of the cases, he requires a help from the other person. It means if the working of the brain is not proper the whole body of the person will not work and in this condition, the brain should be given an extra care.
We discussed concentration and memory above in relation to the brain so in order to boost the concentration and the memory of an individual the brain power needs to be boosted. Brain power is the natural process that occurs in the body of the humans and it seems that no power from outside can have any effect on the same but it is wrong. Though it is the natural process the actions and lifestyle of an individual give a positive or negative effect on the working of the same. There are a lot of ways to improve and boost the brain power. Along with the eating habits, there are many other actions and activities that a person should bring in their daily routine. You should exercise daily or walk early in the morning for the minimum of thirty minutes, a person should try to meditate any time possible, the sleep of the person should be perfect which means it should be for a minimum seven to eight hours in the night and finally the stress should be completely eliminated from the life of the person.
Along with the different activities and actions of daily routine, a good lifestyle and diet should also be followed for the maintenance of the brain power. There are many food items which help and give a positive impact on the growth of the brain power whereas there many other food items which have a negative effect on the growth of the brain. The diet should be such that we do not overeat anything nor do we leave anything forever. The combination of food items in the diet gives the best result.
Now let us be specific about the food items. The food items should be based on the taste of an individual but we should not completely depend on the same. The nutrient value and the advantage of the food should always be calculated and then consumed. Let us know about the list of such food items:
Foods that help to improve the brain power and how are as follows:
• Green and leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, collards, and broccoli which are rich in nutrients like vitamin K, lutein, folate, and beta-carotene. This may help slow cognitive decline.
• Berries are the other option which also improves the memory. They contain a natural pigment known as flavonoids and when consumed every week it delays loss of memory for two-and-a-half years.
• A cup of coffee or tea, early in the morning gives a short-term boost to the concentration and increases the brain power. Though it contains caffeine, a small amount does not affect the same.
• Walnuts are the excellent source of protein and healthy fats and among them, there is one category of walnut which improves the memory power thus giving a boost to the brain.
Food items that do not help to boost the brain power or which are bad for the brain are as follows:
• Increased sugary eatables and drink in the diet has a big negative effect on the memory power. This eatable increases the sugar level which leads to diabetes and also affects the heart of the person which increases the risk of metabolic disorders and memory impairments.
• The refined carbohydrates have a high glycaemic index or GI as they include sugar and highly processed grains. The presence of high GI impairs brain function and memory in both young and adults.
• Aspartame or the artificial sweetener used in the sugar-free products also effects very badly. These sweeteners are made up of phenylalanine, methanol and aspartic acid. The consumption of these items increases the rate of depression and leads to an imbalance of antioxidant status in the brain.
• Consumption of alcohol has the worst effect on the brain power. Alcohol, if consumed in the low quantity just for fun does not have such bad effect but if the alcohol consumption becomes a habit it will destroy everything. People with alcohol consumption habit has the deficiency of vitamin B1 which gives severe damage to the brain, including memory loss, disturbances in eyesight, confusion, and unsteadiness.
In the starting of the articles once we mentioned the word meditation. Meditation also plays an important role to boost the brain power and increase the concentration level along with the memory power. But before we discuss how meditation helps in this condition let us know what meditation is?
Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique, such as focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity, to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. In general, the meaning of meditation is the action or practice of mediating. This action is carried on to give a calm state to the soul and mind of the person.
There are basically two kinds of meditation techniques that are linked to improved memory, cognition, and discernment and they are mindfulness meditation and awareness meditation
Let us now know how meditation is useful to enhance concentration and memory power in an individual?
• Meditation equals mind strength training. In the course of meditation, we are strengthening & exercising our mind, to keep it in incredible shape. When we meditate we work our mental muscle, prolonging the life of our brain, keeping us from suffering memory loss.
• Meditation slows the aging process of an individual and if the age of the person is young then obviously the brain will also be young and active forever.
• Meditation taps into the untapped subconscious memory stores where it harnesses the power of the subconscious mind, thereby retrieving seemingly long forgotten information, healthily & naturally.
• Meditation stimulates memory associated brain regions whereby flexing the memory muscle in meditation, the information storage mechanisms multiply, ensuring that the brain retains the ability to store new memories now and as you age.
• Meditation increases the focus as we recall important details because we actively store them as memory and assign them with significance.
So, in short, it can be said that a person should meditate daily for a healthy mind and soul.
With all the discussion above it can be concluded that the brain should always work properly for the proper working of the body of an individual.